Published on Sunday, 23 February 2014 09:05
▪ The packing up of the College Care Packages
was rescheduled to this Tuesday because of the road conditions last week. Home-baked items can be put in the box in the Lobby today and also brought to the Chapel on Tuesday morning. If you would like to help packing up the boxes for our college students, please come to the Lobby on Tuesday at 10AM. If you have any questions, please contact the church office.
▪ We are in need of Sunday School Teachers and Helpers
in our Sunday School Departments. Teachers are responsible to teach four times a year for a month at a time and helpers are needed to assist Teachers during the class time. If you are interested in being involved in our Sunday School ministry or you would like to observe a class before deciding, please contact Jack Yorgey.
▪ We are starting to plan for Vacation Bible School
this summer which will be held the week of July 7th to July 11th. We will be announcing our VBS theme soon. Please mark these dates on your calendar and plan to join us for a great week!
▪ The Senior Fellowship
is a having a Pot-Luck Breakfast for their first quarter activity. The breakfast will be held here at the Chapel on Saturday, March 22nd, starting at 8:30AM. Please sign up at the table in the Lobby if you would like to attend. If you have any questions, please see Newell Wismer.
▪ If you are interested in working in the Nursery
on Sunday mornings taking care of newborns and children on up to two years old, please sign up at the table in the Lobby. If you have any questions, please contact our Nursery Coordinator, Dora Miller. Children must be 12 years old to help in the Nursery.
▪ MVC's Awana Program
is held every Wednesday at 7PM and meets in the Gym! The different age groups are Puggles (2 & 3 year olds), Cubbies (4 year olds through Pre-Kindergarten), Sparks (Kindergarten through 2nd Grade), T & T (3rd Grade through 6th Grade), and Trek (7th through 9th Grade). If you have any questions about Awana, please see Bruce and Michele Fries or Dennis and Tina Carroll.
▪ Mountain View Chapel has partnered with SimpleGive
to create the opportunity for online donations from our MVC website. Please go to our website at mountainviewchapel.com and click on the “Give Online” button. You may also pick up a FAQ sheet at the table in the Lobby about online giving. If you have any other questions, please contact the church office at 610-326-5856.
▪ We finally collected the 100 cell phones
needed to send in for reimbursement! The monies collected go directly into our Benevolence Fund. The collection box will remain in the Lobby as we try to collect our next 100 phones! Thanks so much for your help!
▪ MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers)
▪ If you like to sing or if you play a musical instrument, we would love to have you be a part of our Offertory Ministry
or join one of our Worship Teams. All ages and level of musical ability can perform for our Offertory. If you are interested in joining the Worship Team, please contact Josh Rhoads and contact Janine Leavitt or Neal Hartranft if you would like to sing or play for the Offertory. *The Worship Team is now looking for drummers and bass players. Please contact Josh Rhoads if you are interested*
▪ If you didn't get a chance to pick up a box of 2014 Offering Envelopes
, please see an Elder or Deacon or contact the church office.
▪ The Lost and Found Shelves
in the Nursery hallway are filled with items that have been found in our two buildings! Please stop by today and see if anything on the shelves might be yours or someone’s you know. Items not collected after 8 weeks are donated to the Youth Group Yard Sale to be sold next May.
▪ Please note that we will be having Lifetouch
come to the Chapel to take pictures for our new pictorial directory on June 5th, 6th, and 7th of next year. We will be forming a committee to help with the designing of the directory and the organizing of the picture-taking. There will be more information in April about Lifetouch and how you can sign up for pictures and the committee.
▪ The MOPS group is in need of Moppet Helpers
to care for children ranging from infants to Pre-Kindergarten while the mothers have their meeting. Meetings are held at the Chapel from September to May, once a month every 3rd Wednesday morning. If you can help out with the children in ANY or ALL meetings, your time would be greatly appreciated. Please contact Olivia Butz.
meets the first and third Friday of each month and is for anyone over 16 years old who would like to come out and play. They are always looking for new players so feel free to bring along a friend.
- We will announce any cancellations of services and activities on the home page of Mountain View Chapel’s website (mountainviewchapel.com) and on Channel 69 News and its website. We will also send the cancellation notice out on the Prayer Chain, on the Mountain View Chapel Facebook page, and record a cancellation message on the church office phone (610-326-5856).
▪ Mountain View Chapel is in need of individuals/families to greet worshippers
to the Chapel and hand out weekly bulletins. If you are looking to give something back to the Chapel, this is a simple and easy opportunity to serve the Lord and our congregation. See Al Cinciripino or contact the church office if you are interested.
▪ Children’s Church
is for children 4 years old through 4th grade. Children should sit in the Sanctuary with their parents until they are dismissed to go to Children's Church after the Offertory. 5th-7th Graders should leave the Sanctuary at 10:35 to meet their teacher in the Gym. Sunday School teachers will take the children from Children's Church to their individual Sunday School classes at 10:40.
▪ Sunday School Departments and Locations...
2 year olds meet in the Kitchen and the 3 year olds meet in the room between the hallways during the entire service (when a child turns 4 years old they automatically go to the gym for Sunday School)…
4 yr. olds thru Kindergarten (Beginners) meet in one half of the Gym from 10:40 until the end of the service…
1st & 2nd Grade (Primary) meet in the Lower Level of the Classic Building from 10:40 until the end of the service…
3rd & 4th Grade (Middler) meet in the Lower Level of the Classic Building from 10:40 until the end of the service…
5th, 6th, & 7th Grade meet in the Library from 10:40 until the end of the service.
▪ In our desire to keep the Sunday morning service running smoothly, any Announcements
that you would like to make or have made by Gary Dye, must be submitted to the church office by Friday noon.
▪ Would you be interested in a CD of Sunday’s sermon
? You may order one at the table in the lobby each Sunday.
▪ Pastor Chris’ sermons are now available on our website! Listen to each week's sermon right from the website or download them for later by browsing the list at the Sermon Audio Link
which is on the Home Page.
▪ PLEASE NOTE: If you have a prayer request
, or go to our website at mountainviewchapel.com and submit your prayer request information from there.