Published on Saturday, 04 May 2013 09:04
▪ Next Sunday we will be recognizing all of the mothers of nursery-age children (infants on up to age 2) in a Baby Parade during the Morning Service on Mother’s Day. Please join us for this special gathering! If you have any questions, please contact Dora Miller.
▪ Supper and Dessert Clubs - Don’t forget to pick up one of the Rotation Lists on the Lobby table if you signed up for the May through July rotation of Clubs. If you have any questions, please contact Annie Mehl.
▪ Rob and Leyla Watt, our missionaries to Guam, sent their April newsletter to the Chapel. You can read the newsletter on their Missionary Board in the Sanctuary or you may pick up your own copy at the table in the Lobby.
▪ Our May Board Meeting will be held next Monday, May 13th, at 7pm in the Library. This meeting is for all of our Deacons and Elders.
▪ We’ve had a great response from the women at the Chapel who have signed up for our Meal Ministry, but we will leave the list out for a few more Sundays as they have been busy making meals for new moms and for those people in our congregation who are recovering from medical conditions. Thanks to everyone who has signed up already!
▪ To date we have collected 74 used cell phones! Once we get 100 cell phones, we can send them in for reimbursement. Monies collected go directly to the Benevolence Fund. Let's see how fast we can collect the next 26 phones! The collection box is located on the table in the Lobby. Thanks so much for your help!
▪ Anyone who would like to be baptized this summer, please contact Pastor Chris or the Church Office at 610-326-5856. We will be having a baptism in the creek at the Church Picnic on July 21st and a baptism in the swimming pool at Hiltebeitel’s during Peachfest on September 8th.
▪ It’s time to start Spring Cleaning and donating your unwanted items to the Youth Group Yard Sale which will be held on May 24th and 25th. Please see Steve K. if you have any questions.
▪ The MVC Softball Team game schedule is now on the MVC website. Go to mountainviewchapel.com and click on the Info tab on the home page and down to Softball Team. The locations of the games are also listed.
▪ The theme this summer for VBS will be SonWest Roundup. If you would like to be involved in VBS, there is a sign-up sheet on the Lobby table where you can sign up to help in specific areas. Please contact Tina Morgan or the church office if you have any questions.
▪ We still need people to volunteer for our Summer Care Ministry to help those people in our congregation who need assistance with the mowing of their lawns and other needs. If you would like to volunteer for this summer ministry, please sign up at the table in the Lobby. For more information, contact Debbie Burdick.
▪ MVC Volleyball meets the first and third Friday of each month and is open to anyone over 16 years old who would like to come out and learn to play. They are always looking for new players so feel free to bring along a friend. They meet next on May 24th in the Gym at 7PM.
▪ MARK THESE DATES ON YOUR CALENDAR...Church Picnic at Ironstone Park - July 21st...Peachfest at Hiltebeitel’s - September 8th (Rain date is the 15th)...Harvest Picnic at the Chapel - October 4th (Rain date is the 5th).
▪ 2013 Offering Envelopes - If you didn’t get a chance to pick up a box of offering envelopes for 2013, please see one of the Deacons or Elders or call the church office at 610-326-5856.
▪ There are many items on the Lost and Found Shelves in the hallway across from the Nursery...Bibles, food containers, clothes, glasses, books, etc.
▪ MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) meet the third Wednesday of every month from 9-11:15AM here at the Chapel. If you are the mother of a child between the ages of birth and Kindergarten, they would love to have you join them! They meet next week on May 15th at 9AM in the Sanctuary.
▪ If you have any old cell phones at home that you don’t need anymore, we are collecting them in a box on the Lobby table. The cell phones will be sent to a cell phone collection company who will then reimburse us. Those monies will be put into our Benevolence Fund which is used to minister to others when needs arise throughout the year.
▪ The Chapel has a support group for people with Life-Altering Illnesses and their Caretakers which meets every other Thursday of the month at 2 and 7PM. If you would like more information, please contact Mel Zohe.
▪ There is a Men's Bible Study on the 2nd Tuesday and 4th Monday of each month. Contact Josh Eldredge for more information.
▪ The updated Birthday and Anniversary List is available on the table in the Lobby for you to pick up if you like to send cards to the folks at the Chapel.
▪ Cancellations- We will announce any cancellations of services and activities on the home page of Mountain View Chapel’s website (mountainviewchapel.com) and on Channel 69 News and its website. We will also send the cancellation notice out on the Prayer Chain, on the Mountain View Chapel Facebook page, and record a cancellation message on the church office phone (610-326-5856).
▪ Mountain View Chapel is in need of individuals/families to greet worshippers to the Chapel and hand out weekly bulletins. If you are looking to give something back to the Chapel, this is a simple and easy opportunity to serve the Lord and our congregation. See Al Cinciripino or contact the church office if you are interested.
▪ Children’s Church is for children 4 years old through 4th grade. Children should sit in the Sanctuary with their parents until they are dismissed to go to Children's Church after the Offertory. 5th-7th Graders should leave the Sanctuary at 10:35 to meet their teacher in the Gym for Sunday School.
▪ Sunday School Departments and Locations...
2 year olds meet in the Kitchen and the 3 year olds meet in the room between the hallways during the entire service (when a child turns 4 years old they automatically go to the gym for Sunday School)…
4 yr. olds thru Kindergarten (Beginners) meet in one half of the Gym from 10:40 until the end of the service…
1st & 2nd Grade (Primary) meet in the Lower Level of the Classic Building from 10:40 until the end of the service…
3rd & 4th Grade (Middler) meet in the Lower Level of the Classic Building from 10:40 until the end of the service…
5th, 6th, & 7th Grade meet in the Library from 10:40 until the end of the service.
▪ In our desire to keep the Sunday morning service running smoothly, any Announcements that you would like to make or have made by Gary Dye, must be submitted to the church office by Friday noon.
▪ Offertory Ministry - If you like to sing or if you play a musical instrument, we would love to have you be a part of our Offertory Ministry on Sunday mornings. All ages and level of musical ability can serve in this capacity. If you are interested, please contact Neal Hartranft or Janine Leavitt.
▪ Would you be interested in a CD of Sunday’s sermon? You may order one at the table in the lobby each Sunday. If you have not ordered before, the following Sunday you will have a “tab envelope” with your name on it. Your CD order will be in front of your “tab envelope.” the Sunday after you order.
▪ Pastor Chris’ sermons are now available on our website! Listen to each week's sermon right from the website or download them for later by browsing the list at the Sermon Audio Link which is on the Home Page.
▪ PLEASE NOTE: If you have a prayer request, update, or praise to put on the Prayer Chain, or you would like to be placed on our Prayer Chain list to receive emails, please call the church office at 610-326-5856, send an email to
, or go to our website at mountainviewchapel.com and submit your prayer request information from there.